Monday, June 10, 2013

Red Cray Seafood & Grill Restaurant

I went to this restaurant on my brother-in-law's birthday. I was expecting a great seafood experience but I think it was just an average place.

The place was big and cozy. The waiters were really friendly and nice as well. I was really excited when I first see the menu. I was there pretty early which is why there is not much people. But then, later that night, you can see people start coming in.

You will see a giant art piece on the wall of the restaurant. I think it looks really artsy and it really add that feeling that you are in red cray restaurant.

We ordered the executive seafood platter. The difference of the ordinary seafood platter and this one is that it has 1 crayfish in it. Also, the price is more expensive by $40
This giant platter will cost you like 120 bucks. It can actually only serves 2 people but we come in 3 but still hardly manage to finish it.

The first food that came out was the seafood chowder. For me, it is too creamy and cheesy. I am not a big fan of chowder so I don't really quite like it.
 The oysters were really fresh and yummy. With some drops of lemon juice it was just perfect.

 The chips are cooked perfectly. It was crispy and golden with sprinkles of salt and pepper

 The garlic prawn was okay. To me, the sauce is too creamy somehow. The grilled fish was nice with mash potato on the bottom. I love the tartare sauce. It was the perfect texture and taste.
 The crayfish was fine. A little bit overcooked to me but it was okay. The sauce on the top of it just made it perfect.
 The scallops was tasty and juicy with some basil pesto on top. I love it.

This is the least favourite out of all the dishes on the platter. The chilli mussels just tasted odd to me. I can really taste the wine like it is just poured out of the bottle into the mussels. I was not very satisfied.

Overall, I think this is a good restaurant. It was not too classy but it is also not too mediocre. I am not sure I am going to come here again. But I might give it a try again on their crayfish.

Red Cray Seafood & Grill Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment